The M.T.O. approved Beginners Driver Education Curriculum (B.D.E.) Curriculum by "Say Dez!" consists of the following:
- 20 hours of class room training of eight (8) modules of 2 1/2 hours each
- 10 hours of in-car training
- 10 hours of independent home study which requires the students to access various links on the internet.
The Home Study has all the other connecting links within it to complete the homework. The home study or Home Study consists of two (2) observation lessons prior to being in the car, then four (4) independent home research projects as the course is being taught.
Added to this is the Auto$mart website of Natural Resources Canada. Its five (5) videos pose several questions. These questions can be answered onlyby watching the videos. The questions must be answered and handed in with the rest of the homework by the students before finishing the course.
The students on their home computers or library computers via the Internet do the homework, a.k.a. Home Study. Some students may own wireless Internet devices such as iPods, iPhones, iPads and/or similar devices which may be used to access the Home Study.
The "Say Dez!" B.D.E. Curriculum is based upon the "ntsa international" Today’s Driver Manual.
Each of the eight (8) lessons have topics regarding:
- Information Materials & Resources
- PowerPoint presentations for each lesson
- Teaching Strategies for the in-class instructor
- Each of the eight (8) lessons have short multiple choice questions. (These must also be placed in the students’ folders.)